About Stephen Gallant
I am a seasoned corporate executive turned entrepreneur. I was a founding partner of a global reinsurance company in Zürich, Switzerland, I founded a water technology venture capital firm, and before that I had 25 years of experience working in institutions managing trading and asset management businesses. I am developing investments in key industries and am looking to serve as a director and advisor to key companies.
Highlights and key successes in my career:
I was a founding member in the creation and development of Somerset Reinsurance in Zürich, Switzerland.
- led the authorship of the business plan
- established all governance structures
- elected to the board of Weisshorn Re, the founding company
- forged and led asset management
- led the development of the risk platform
- led the vision of the technology platform
- recruited and managed strong technical teams
- collaborated with external and internal teams to close Series A funding
I was a founding partner in a start-up venture capital and private equity firm focused exclusively on investing in water technology companies.
- established the vision for firm
- developed the corporate mission
- developed a novel investment process
I was Senior Vice President and Head of Rate Markets for ING Investment Management – Americas Region.
- led portfolio management for $20 billion in interest-rate sensitive fixed income securities
- led financial derivatives business, a hedging and execution platform totaling over $30 billion notional
- member of Executive Team, which led day-to-day operations of a $60 billion investment operation for the US insurance companies
I was a founding partner of Portage Equity, an early-stage venture capital fund. Portage principally invested in medical device and technology companies.
- Successfully invested in a company that went to an IPO
- Successfully invested in companies that were privately acquired
I started my career in fixed income trading.
- built a structured fixed-income trading desk from scratch
- worked with numerous institutional investors
I am a graduate of Washington University in St. Louis
I hold the Chartered Financial Analyst designation
About Sage Asset Management
My company, Sage Asset Management, invests in attractive companies in selected industries:
- Asset Management (current holding)
- Insurance (current holding)
- SynBio (current holdings)
- Big Data/AI (current holding)
About Board of Directors
I currently am a general partner and advisory board member at Trinnacle Capital Management. I am exploring independent board of director roles and advisory board roles with companies in the following industries:
- Mutual Funds
- Asset Management
- Financial Services
I am also well suited to serve on the board of startup and early stage companies.